DEFLECTOR SHIELD IS DURABLE
Deflector Shield™ combines a multi-layered polymer with an engineered adhesive. What does that mean? Your walls and surfaces are protected, the beauty of your decor shines through. Why patch when you can prevent?
PATENTED WALL PROTECTION BENEFITS
Patent-pending product engineered for an easy install without the need of adhesives or hardware.
New solution for wall protection that protects without obscuring, and and offers durable surface protection.
New technology, made in America & meets Air-Quality Certification for low VOC emissions & is PVC-Free.
DEFLECTOR SHIELD IS GREAT FOR ANY SPACE
Deflector Shield™ is an all-in-one product engineered for even a rookie to install without any additional adhesives or hardware. It saves time and money in both installation and ongoing maintenance. Deflector Shield protects only what needs protecting. Prevents everyday damage to walls/surfaces in high traffic and high use areas, saving long term maintenance costs and negative impressions of property.
DEFLECTOR SHIELD COMMON QUESTIONS
What surfaces are best for Deflector Shield?
- Smooth Walls
- Painted Drywall
- Unpainted drywall
- Sanded Wood (without lacquer)
- Stainless Steel
- Inside, temperature controlled environments
Metal and glass may work well, but Deflector Shield may leave adhesive residue.
What surfaces are not optimal for Deflector Shield?
- Wet paint. Seriously, paint takes time to dry and cure, so be sure to wait for that process to happen. before you apply Deflector Shield™. Usually 3-7 days is good.
- Textured Walls
- Cinder Block
- Porous, textured paneling
- Outside, non-temperature controlled environments
Should I clean my wall before applying Deflector Shield?
YES! This is absolutely critical, and besides picking the right surface, the most important key to success.
The proprietary adhesive used to keep Deflector Shield on your wall is, well, sticky. If your wall has any dust or dirt, Deflector Shield will stick to the dust, not the wall. You want it stuck to the wall, though, so remove the dust.
Use a standard household cleaner (Windex works great) to clean all the areas where you plan on applying Deflector Shield. A clean lint free cloth should be used to remove dirt, dust, and grime. Wait a bit for the wall to dry completely before applying Deflector Shield.
For extra dirty walls or in places that are super high traffic we like to give the wall or surface a quick wipe with a dry Magic Eraser, especially around the area where the edges will be.
What do I need for installation?
- Tape measure
- Utility knife (a boxcutter works great)
- Hard cutting surface (no one wants to cut into their floor or counter!)
How do I hang this stuff?
- Easy peasy. Check out our library of videos!
Is this easily removable?
- Yes! When removing Deflector Shield™, taking your time is key. This is not a band aid, and pulling it off as such may remove paint from your wall. Rather, find a corner of the sheet that you would like to remove. Slowly lift and pull that corner towards the diagonal opposite corner. Continue slowly pulling towards that opposite corner, and then pull horizontally until the Deflector Shield™ has been removed.Of course, you can watch us do it at VIDEO
What does "graffiti resistant" mean?
- Great question. If Bansky decorates your Deflector Shield, you may want to leave the art up. If it is your 3-year old with a crayon or marker, no problem! Just wipe with a damp cloth. If there is still some residue, use some household cleaner, like Windex. In extreme cases, rubbing alcohol may be used. Check out our Sharpie Challenge!
How much Deflector Shield should I buy?
- Large Deflector Shield “sheets” are 48″ by 36″ each and are packaged in sheets of 5. This size allows them to cover the width of a sheet of drywall, and cover the “danger zone” below the chair rail where scuffs, dents, dings, and other issues usually happen.Deflector Shield also comes in smaller “tiles” which are 18″ by 12″. Tiles are great for tighter areas like closets, laundry rooms, and bathrooms, as well as spot protection behind rocking chairs. Measure the area of the space that you would like to protect. If you’re doing a whole room or other large spaces, large Sheets are what you need. If you need further help figuring out coverage, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a really big project. Can you help?
- Absolutely! We are here to help and love custom and large scale jobs. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll get the ball rolling!
Applied Polymer Solutions is a group of people that recognized that simple solutions to life’s small problems give families a chance to grow together and communities a chance to work together.
Through the use of novel and reimagined technology, we at APS strive to maximize your day, your time, your family. Just because a problem is generally overlooked doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be fixed.
We uncover needs and then create the solution, freeing your time and creating peace of mind. Your problems, our science, everyone’s solutions. Innovation through intention.
WE KNEW FROM THE BEGINNING THAT THERE HAD TO BE A BETTER WAY TO USE TECHNOLOGY TO SOLVE SOME OF LIFE’S LITTLE PROBLEMS, FREEING UP RESOURCES, TIME, AND ENERGY.